It’s no secret, wild salmon is oh-so good for us because it deeply nourishes our bodies. In this super easy recipe you learn how to savor salmon in a new dish!
A gluten free version of one of my favorite dishes that my mom used to make when I was a kid. I love making these with leftover salmon, but you can also use canned, wild salmon.
Experiment with different gluten free dipping sauces.
Preparation time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 10-15 minutes
Serves 4 as a side dish or 2-3 for a main course | Yields: 10-12 2-inch croquettes
6-8 oz cooked salmon (if canned, be sure to drain all the juices)
½ cup chopped onion
12-15 crushed “Mary’s Gone Crackers” Black Pepper Flavor, OR any gluten free cracker will do.
1 egg (or for egg substitute whisk 1 TBSP ground flax seed with 3 TBSP of hot water.)
1 teaspoon gluten free, hot chili sauce
½-1 teaspoon salt
½ cup almond meal
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Combine the first 6 ingredients in a food processor and pulse until they are well minced with no sign of large chunks.
2. Place almond meal on a plate.
3. Heat the oil to med/low in a large skillet.
4. Form salmon mixture into 2 to 3 inch little patties or balls. Roll in almond meal to
5. Place in a skillet and cook 5-7 minutes or until each side is browned. Serve these hot with Annie’s gluten free horseradish mustard or a gluten free BBQ sauce. Tasty!