Sesame Ginger Tofu
Many Asian dishes call for tofu, and in this video you’ll learn the tricks on how to prepare and cook tofu to create a flavorful and nutritious meal. You’ll also learn about the different types of tofu, and how to best store it.
Preparation time: 10 minutes (20 min to 8 hours to marinade)
Cook time: 10 minutes | Serves 4
• 1-10 to 12 ounce package of organic, no-GMO, extra firm tofu
• 1/3 cup gluten/wheat free tamari
• 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
• 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
1. Cut the tofu into triangles that are no more than 1 inch thick. Mix the tamari,
ginger, garlic, honey, and sesame oil together in a baking dish that is big
enough to fit all the pieces of tofu in a single layer. Lay tofu slices down in
the marinade and spoon some of the mixture over the top. Refrigerate for 20
minutes or up to 8 hours.
2. Heat the coconut oil on medium heat in a wok or large skillet. Place the pieces of tofu into the hot oil (blot off extra liquid first). Cook 3 to 5 minutes on each side until it is browed.
3. Sprinkle the tofu with black sesame seeds and serve with rice and Almond Butter Sauce, or cut it into smaller pieces and add to soup, stir-fry, Perfect Fried Rice, Veggie Nori Rolls, or Garden Fresh Spring Rolls. Awesome!